Picture in my Mind -
Chronicles - The
Soundtrack - The Picture Book
Picture in my Mind
NY is a place that everyone should visit one time. And NY is
a place where everyone has already been in some ways. The financial district
of Wall Street in my M. J. Fox memories, the Coney Island of the Warriors,
Hell's Kitchen, Midtown and the Flatirom Building from videogames, Times
Square from my favourite webcam. I've seen the Brooklin Bridge...and our
amazed looks to where Spiderman goes.
And most of all I was in the places of Lou Reed songs, I've criused
Christopher St., I've been
shocked by the noise in Canal St., walked along the Hudson river, I've
seen some Romeo Rodriguez and Juliette Bell and Joey Diaz, the Statue
of Bigotry and what she says to the masses. And betwixt between the East
I've been caught between the twisted stars the plotted lines the faulty
map that brought Columbus to New York!
We landed at JFK Airport on April 28th at 9pm local time and
reached via Taxi the Sohotel in SoHo at around 11pm. The drive from JFK
showed us a first glimpse of the Manhattan skyline and gave to us our
first thrill. The return flight was on the evening of the 4th of May:
before reaching JFK we had some shopping in SoHo and Chinatown. The days
from the 29th of April and the 4th of May were fully spent on the island
of Manhattan. The followings are the bare chronicles of those memorable
- Chinatown and Little Italy
- Breakfast at Starbucks in Canal St.
- Grand Central Station
- 42nd St., Chrysler Building
- Park Av., Waldorf Astoria
- St. Patrick Cathedral
- 53rd St. and 7th Av.
- Lunch at Delicatessen (Deli) at 7th Av. (huge Cheesburger an potatoes)
- Times Square- Broadway and 5th Av., Empire State Building
- Flatiron Building
- Buy a weekly metro pass, and go to sleep at 20!
- Breakfast at Bruno'Backery at La Guardia Place in Greenwich Village
- Washigton Square Park
- Walk in Greenwich Village: Christopher St., Gay St., St. Luke's
Place, Bleeker St.
- Lunch at Cornelia St. Cafe
- Walk on Hudson River side
- Dinner in Greenwich Village at "Riviera"
- Walk back to Sohotel via SoHo
- Walk in Financial District Downtowm Manhattan: Federal Square,
Sun Building, City Hall, Woolworth Building, S. Paul Chapel, Ground
Zero, Wall Street
- Break on the East River side watchng Brooklin Bridge and Manhattan
- Battery Park
- Central Park
- Times Square (via Bus)
- Dinner on 9th Av. ("Mercury Bar") Hell's Kitchen
- Walk in the Theatre District of Broadway
- Breakfast in Little Italy
- Times Square and Macys
- Lunch at "Spinelli's Pizza"
- Beer and Milan-Man.U. football match watching in a bar at Hell's
- Walk to Madison Square Park to watch Flatiron Building
- "The Phantom of the Opera" at Majestic Theatre of Broadway
- Walk in Greenwich Village
- Visit and breakfast at the East Village
- Visit at the Empire State Building
- Lunch/Dinner at "Joshua Tree" at Hell's Kitchen
- Times Square and Midtown
- Coffee at "Dante's" in Greenwich Village
This is an extract of the Soundtrack of those days. The sound
that was with me and the Regine while in Manhattan...
"Caught between the twisted stars, the plotted lines, the faulty
map that brought Columbus to New York"
had Juliette - Hooky
Wooky - NYC
Man - English
Rose - Philadelphia
at my Picture Book